End The Student Achievement Gap
- Hire a more diverse, highly qualified teaching staff.
- Bring back year-round academic intervention and support services for at-risk K-8 students.
- Eliminate the school-to prison pipeline.
- Ensure access to the basics, such as food, health care, school supplies, and other community support services, for low-income and underprivileged families and students.
- Provide Universal Pre-K for all children in Wake County. Period.
- Ensure equal and equitable access to resources and programs for all school and students.
Build 21st Century Schools
- Build better schools that can stand the test of time.
- Expand access to programs that encourage students to expand their skillsets and focus on their interests.
- Empower schools to make immediate and sweeping changes as necessary.
- Update our curriculum to include an emphasis on STEM and the intersection of math, science, engineering, and technology.
A Strong Voice For Teachers
- Elevate the voice of educators, administrators, and support staff in the policy-making process.
- Advocate for fully funded classrooms.
- Treat teachers like the respected professionals they are .
- Invest in professional development and continuing education.