It's All About Our Students
- Hire a more diverse, highly qualified teaching staff.
- Bring back year-round academic intervention and support services for at-risk K-8 students.
- Eliminate the school-to prison pipeline.
- Ensure access to the basics, such as food, health care, school supplies, and other community support services, for low-income and underprivileged families and students.
- Provide Universal Pre-K for all children in Wake County. Period.
- Ensure equal and equitable access to resources and programs for all school and students.
Build 21st Century Schools
- Build better schools that can stand the test of time.
- Expand access to programs that encourage students to expand their skillsets and focus on their interests.
- Empower schools to make immediate and sweeping changes as necessary.
- Update our curriculum to include an emphasis on STEM and the intersection of math, science, engineering, and technology.
A Strong Voice For Teachers
- Elevate the voice of educators, administrators, and support staff in the policy-making process.
- Advocate for fully funded classrooms.
- Treat teachers like the respected professionals they are .
- Invest in professional development and continuing education.
Become a Volunteer
Our students have dreams, hopes, visions. But they need a school system that meets their needs in order to reach those dreams, hopes, and visions. They need Shaun. And Shaun needs your help. Volunteer your time to help Shaun help our students achieve their fullest potential. Volunteer now.
Receive Shaun’s Newsletter
Wake County Democratic Party
Young Democrats of North Carolina